Repayment Plans - Ocean Springs, MS
Get a Plan to Repay Your Debt in 3 Easy Steps
If you have a lot of debt, you may wonder if there is a way to repay it without having to file for bankruptcy. Fortunately, there are options available to help you pay back your debt and avoid having to file for bankruptcy.
At Sheehan & Ramsey, we offer a variety of repayment plans to help you repay your debt.
How Repayment Plans Work
A repayment plan is an agreement between you and your creditors and your bankruptcyattorney that outlines how you will repay your debt. There are several different types of repayment plans, and each one has its own requirements.
Repayment plans are not automatic, so you will need to work with your bankruptcy attorney to determine which one is right for you.
Below is a brief overview of the different repayment plans:
- Chapter 13 — A repayment plan in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy involves negotiating a monthly payment with your creditors. You will have to pay your income to your creditors over a period of time, usually three to five years.
- Chapter 7 — A repayment plan in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy requires you to make monthly payments to a trustee, who will then pay your creditors.
- Debt settlement — Debt settlement involves negotiating directly with your creditors to pay less than the total amount you owe. You will make monthly payments to your debt settlement company, who will negotiate with your creditors on your behalf.
- Non-dischargeable debt — Non-dischargeable debt is debt that cannot be discharged through bankruptcy. You will need to repay your creditors in monthly payments.
- Repayment plans — If you have dischargeable debt, you may be able to negotiate a repayment plan with your creditors. These plans involve making monthly payments to your creditors.
It is important to work with an Ocean Springs bankruptcy attorney when you are considering a repayment plan. We can help you determine which plan is right for you and help you negotiate with your creditors.
How to Get a Repayment Plan
Repayment plans are not automatic. You will need to speak with your bankruptcy attorney and determine which one is right for you. Once you have decided on a plan, you will need to contact your creditors and negotiate terms with them.
Below are some of the things you will need to do to get a repayment plan:
- Gather all of your financial information
- Contact your creditors and negotiate terms
- Provide your creditors with documentation
- Make your payments on time
Once you have completed a repayment plan, you will be able to discharge the remaining debt in your bankruptcy case. If you fail to complete a repayment plan, you may be required to file for bankruptcy.
Why Choose Sheehan & Ramsey?
If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, you may be wondering if you can avoid it. While bankruptcy is a last resort, there are ways to avoid it.
Contact Our Ocean Springs Repayment Plan Lawyer
At Sheehan & Ramsey, we can help you explore repayment plans and other debt-relief options. We can also help you determine if you qualify for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
If you are interested in a repayment plan, our experienced bankruptcy attorneys can help you negotiate with your creditors and determine the best course of action for you. We can also help you file for bankruptcy and guide you through the process.
If you are facing crushing debt, filing for bankruptcy may be your best option. Don't let debt control your life. Call Sheehan & Ramsey today.
Get in touch with our Ocean Springs repayment plan attorneys at Sheehan & Ramsey to discuss your debt repayment options. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation.