Ocean Springs Consumer Rights Lawyers
Creditors have a way of kicking you when you are down. If you are down on your luck and you owe money, creditors can add to your stress by harassing you with endless phone calls and abusive collection practices. Mississippi law lacks many consumer protection statutes that exist in other states, but Mississippians still have rights under federal law. Creditors violate these rights on a regular basis because they know that they can get away with it. Most consumers do not understand their rights. and many lawyers lack the knowledge and training to take these cases and win. Our attorneys are trained to recognize claims that you may have under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and many other federal laws that protect your consumer rights. We can inform you of your rights, tell you how to deal with creditors, and, in some cases, take these companies to court. In most cases, the law provides attorney's fees, so you will not have to pay us anything to take your case.
Learn your rights and hold your creditors accountable. Our consultations are always free, so you have nothing to lose by meeting with one of our consumer rights attorneys in Ocean Springs to discuss your case. Consumer protections laws can help you stop harassing phone calls, remove inaccurate and harmful information from your credit report, fix mortgage issues, and stop abusive debt collection practices.
Consumer Rights Cases We Handle
For more information, please visit our pages on the following consumer protection laws or call (228) 231-0715 to schedule a free consultation with a lawyer.
- The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA): The FDCPA governs what debt collectors can and cannot do in the collection of debt.
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA): The FCRA controls what can be reported on your credit report and how to dispute inaccurate information.
- The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA): The TCPA stops companies from calling your phone using automated systems.
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA): The SCRA provides members of the military with relief from contracts and high-interest loans.
- Military Lending Act: The Military Lending Act caps interest rates at 36% for military members on active duty. This is most applicable to payday lenders and lenders that use hidden fees to increase the cost of loans.
- Security Clearance Defense: This section does not cover a particular law, but often Security Clearances are jeopardized by financial issues. If you have a security clearance that is in jeopardy of being revoked or if you are being denied a clearance based on financial issues, our security clearance lawyers can help.
- Mortgage Servicing — Real Estate Settlement Procedure Act (RESPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), and the Mortgage Regulations: Home mortgages are governed by some of the most complicated regulations in U.S. law. These regulations change regularly and involve a number of complex, overlapping statutes. Our attorneys can help you understand these regulations and how to use them to make sure that your mortgage company is applying your payments correctly and that you are not being ripped off by your mortgage servicer.
Fill out our online contact form or call (228) 231-0715 to get in touch with our consumer rights attorneys in Ocean Springs.